VideoMedicine! The future of health and wellness is here.
Consult a board-certified physician about your medical concern or condition
- Medical, health, fitness and wellness questions answered using your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet
- All of our providers are highly trained and board-certified, including doctors from Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, Mayo, UCSF, UCLA, Stanford
Talk to an online medical doctor or psychologist without a waiting room
- Obtain a second opinion
- Share high-resolution photos for improved diagnosis
- Depending on your state, you can get a prescription, if you need one
Speak to various providers to lose weight and get in shape
- Learn about health, wellness, fitness, diagnosis, surgeries, treatments, and medications
Choose the provider you want to speak with
- Pay-as-you go, at a rate you determine
- Extensive range of provider specialties
- Only service to provide direct access to a specialist
You are ready to talk face-to-face with
a Doctor or Health Professional in just 3 easy steps!
You can search for and select a provider to consult with who is either online now, or request an appointment * for a future date. Please note that whether you have a scheduled, or instant consultation, you must initiate the call. The provider cannot call the patient.
Add to your account balance using your credit card. You need to have enough money to pay for the call in your account balance prior to starting the call. You can have any unspent account balance returned to your credit card at any time using our simple refund option. Important note: In order to start a call, you must have a minimum account balance that covers the cost of the appointment. The provider can decrease the time charged if they wish to do so. This minimum is in place to ensure the provider will get paid for their time.
Your health care information and privacy is a priority. Our security standards are HIPAA compliant for your protection. Your online provider is required to respect your privacy and uphold HIPAA standards.
*All appointments need to request at least 10-minutes of the provider’s time. It is not practical to manage a schedule with appointment requests less than 10-minutes. In some instances, the provider may, at his or her discretion, charge you for less than 10-minutes at the end of the appointment.